What is The Saturday Club?
The Saturday Club service offers families with children with additional support needs daytime respite, every second Saturday, all year round! The club provides children and young people with an opportunity to access community activities and venues whilst improving their social and emotional learning through play.
At The Saturday Club we aim to:
- Provide a safe and secure play environment in which children and young people can flourish as individuals
- Promote inclusion through developing group and social skills, and supported integration into mainstream activities and settings
- Facilitate an environment to provide children and young people with the opportunity to develop age-appropriate play skills
- Provide parents, siblings and carers with a break from caring
- Actively work with parents and carers to complement existing care profiles, establishing a complete assessment of needs
In West Lothian, the Saturday Adventure Team runs two groups. The first is for children aged 5-8, while the second is for those aged 9-17, with the groups meeting on alternate weeks.
In Edinburgh, The Saturday Club has recently been relaunched as a pilot project, with plans to increase the number of spaces available in the future (to be reviewed in 2017).
Who is The Saturday Club for?
The Saturday Club is open to children and young people, aged 5-18, with an ASD diagnosis or with diagnoses of a similar nature. We can accept new members with a varied range of care needs.
We can offer one-off taster sessions for your child to attend before you commit to signing up for an extended period of time (currently available in Edinburgh).
Where is The Saturday Club held?
In Edinburgh, The Saturday Club meets in: Leith from 09:30 – 15:30
In West Lothian, the Saturday Adventure Team meets in: Livingston from 10:00 – 16:00
What is the cost?
Enquiries on costings should be made directly to the office for The Saturday Club in Edinburgh, while enquiries regarding the Saturday Adventure Team in West Lothian should be made to the Child Disability Service. All contact details can be found below.
How can I get my child involved?
We are currently operating a waiting list for The Saturday Club in Edinburgh. If you are interesting in joining this or have any questions regarding The Saturday Club please contact the office on 0131 661 3834 or email email@example.com
We receive referrals for the Saturday Adventure Team in West Lothian directly from the Child Disability Service. If you live in West Lothian, contact the Child Disability Service at Livingston Social Work Centre on 01506 282 252 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.