What is Better Breaks Respite?
Better Breaks Respite is a flexible respite scheme delivered in partnership with VOCAL Carers Centre. The aims of the respite scheme is to increase the number of breaks available to parents and carers of children and young people with additional needs. Applications for flexible respite is open to all children with additional needs, not just those with an autism diagnosis. Flexible respite allows parents and carers to select the time, duration and location of respite
How does it work?
- Submit an application and participation agreement to VOCAL’s Grants Panel.
- If the Grants Panel decide to approve your application you will receive written confirmation of hours of respite awarded in 3 working days of Panel meeting.
- Receive a time sheet with hours allocated to be redeemed with Lothian Autistic Society.
- Contacted by Lothian Autistic Society within 5 working days of Panel meeting to arrange completion of a child profile and a full set of terms and conditions which you must read and agree to adhere to.
- Within 5 working days of submission of a child profile, receive a list of matched carers who can provide respite.
- Parents liaise directly with carers to arrange respite at a time that suits them.
Full information on this opportunity, including application forms and guidance notes, are available via VOCAL
Enter the password you have received from our office below to access the staff profiles for Better Breaks Flexible Respite 2016/2017