You can help further our work by becoming a member of our organisation.
As a member-led organisation we rely greatly on those keen to ensure our sustainability as a charity, whether you are a parent, carer or guardian, or have a professional or personal interest in autism. Your support enables us to continue to develop and deliver services, information and practical support to those individuals living with autism.
Although we are governed by board of trustees, as a member-led organisation we also want to hear members’ views and thoughts, and therefore welcome and value that input to help shape our organisation and the work we do.
At present we can offer our members the following:
- A welcome pack, containing information on our services.
- Our newsletter sent directly to your email inbox
- Voting rights at our Annual General Meeting (for those aged 18 and over)
- Early notice of, and priority booking to new intakes of our services*
- Free entry to Our Dynamic Earth with a Golden Ticket. We can offer this for groups to up 12 people. Dynamic Earth
- Up to four free tickets (two of which must be U16) to all of Hibernian FC’s home league games for the 2016/17 season at Easter Road. These tickets have been offered to us through the Hibernian Community Foundation’s Kicks 4 Kids programme. Hibernian Community Foundation
- Frequent correspondence regarding other services, events and support available from other organisations.
The annual membership fee is £20.00. We also offer an annual concessionary fee of £10.00 for those in receipt of a means tested benefit: Income Support, Income-related Employment & Support Allowance (ESA), Income-related Job Seeker’s Allowance (JSA) or Guaranteed Pension Credit, who can supply us with a copy of their award letter from the Department of Work and Pensions.
You can download a membership form here.
*Priority booking is available to members for all of our services with the exception of the Edinburgh and West Lothian Playschemes, and the West Lothian Saturday Club. As our playschemes are currently managed by outside organisations (INC Consortium in Edinburgh and the Child Disability Service in West Lothian), and the Better Breaks Flexible Respite service is offered through VOCAL Carers Centre, we cannot provide priority booking for these services.